Fixing Up Home - Adding Value to Your Home Tips List
Following these tips will help to add value to your home and can increase your chances of a sale.
1. Clean, organize, and neutralize your space: Unclutter your house to make it look bigger and cleaner. Buyers need to be able to envision their own belongings in the home; so, avoid using bright colors and too many personal effects.
2. Keep Your Yard Appealing: A patchy lawn or sickly plants and shrubs takes away from the home's overall appearance. Your local hardware store has supplies to re-seed those unhealthy areas. Tree trimming or removal should be considered as needed.
3. Review home repairs that will add value. Some repairs will possibly be required by lenders to fund the loan for buyers.
4. The kitchen is often the room that buyers gravitate towards first, You don't have to remodel your kitchen to give it a new look. Updating your appliances to the current standard and replacing cabinet doors and hardware can make a big impact at a relatively low cost.
5. Update fixtures & appliances: A little change can go a long way when it comes to the look. Updating outdated simple fixtures and appliances can help with saving on items such as water use and electricity for a potential buyer.
6. Freashen fence look: If you're trying to sell a house, the appearance of a fence adds value to the home overall. Buyers with children or pets will appreciate the privacy and security of an enclosed backyard.
7. Repair the gutter: Ensuring that your gutter is clean is crucial in protecting your home against water damage.
8. Light up the outside: An easy and inexpensive way to increase your home's outdoor space is to add lighting. It makes it more appealing and safer.
9. Store and organize: Ample storage space is a plus, especially when it comes to garages and closets. Efficient closet structures can help keep your clothes organized and can save space.
10. Refresh Storage Units and Outside Yard Items or consider removing if unappealling and they do not add to the home value.
11. Fresh Neutral Color Paint
12. Smells can come from soiled carpet and water damage. Consider making repairs or removing damaged items.